Disposable BBQs dumped in bins spark fires in Llandudno, Colwyn Bay and Trearddur Bay

THERE were three fires on Sunday caused by disposable barbecues put in bins.

North Wales Fire and Rescue attended the first incident at about 6.30pm. A disposable BBQ was put in bin on West Shore, Llandudno.

Just before 6pm, they were called to a disposable BBQ put in bin in Los Isallt, Trearddur Bay, and at 5.30pm, one in the bin on the promenade in Colwyn Bay.

A spokesperson from the fire service said: “We’ve been called to three incidents involving BBQs not being disposed of safely – remember after cooking, make sure your BBQ is cold before moving it. Empty ashes onto bare garden soil – never put them straight into a bin.

“Hot ashes can melt the plastic and cause a fire.”

North Wales Pioneer | Llandudno